Constitution of Raglan & District Local History Group
- The Name of the Group shall be The Raglan & District Local History Group.
- The Objects of the Group shall be to encourage the study of local history in the area and further research into the subject.
Objects shall be pursued by means of meetings, lectures, visits to
historical sites, publicaion of articles, exchange of information and to
organise activities to encourage the aims of the group.
- Membership shall be open to anyone interested in the aims of the Society.
shall be due annually, by 1st November, at a rate agreed by the Annual
general Meeting. Notification of events will be sent for the ensuing
six months, after which unpaid subscriptions will be deemed to have
lapsed. Membership lists shall be updated periodically.
management and control of the Group's affairs shall be vested in a
Committee of nine paid-up members to be elected at the Annual general
Meeting. The Officers of the Group are as follows: Life President,
Chairman, Vice Chairman, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, also
elected at the Annual general Meeting. The Committee will consist of
the five officers and six other members
- The Committee shall be empowered to co-opt additional members for general or specific purposes for not more than one year
- The Committee members and Officers shall sit for a maximum term of
three consecutive years, unless specifically extended by the majority
decision of the Committee, and agreed by the Annual general Meeting.
Nominations to be proposed, seconded and received in writing not less
than one week before the Annual General Meeting
- The Committee will meet twice a year and at any other time as necessary to conduct the business of the Group
- The management and control of the Group's affairs shall be vested in a Committee of nine paid-up members to be elected at the Annual general Meeting. The Officers of the Group are as follows: Life President, Chairman, Vice Chairman, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, also elected at the Annual general Meeting. The Committee will consist of the five officers and six other members
Group will meet five times in the winter for monthly lectures and five
times in the summer for outings and visits. The winter starts with the
Annual general Meeting in October and finishes in April with the
exception of December. The summer programme begins in May and continues
until September with the exception of August.
- An Annual
general Meeting shall be held in October of each year, to receive the
Committee's reports, accounts, and proposals, and to elect a Committee
for the ensuring year. Notification of such meetings shall be sent to
every paid-up member at least fourteen days beforehand.
the event of the Group ceasing to exist, the disposal of such funds as
it possesses will be passed to an equivalent group within the area or a
- The Constitution of the Group may only be amended at the Annual General Meeting provided that a six week notice of the amendments has been circulated to the members of the Group or at the calling of an Extraordinary Meeting of the Group by no less than ten members.
Written February 2005
Adopted, October 2005